Post Reply 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
01-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Post: #1
Hello to robot fans,
i would like to share my experience with Brobot. I purchased the kit and assembled it as per instructions. I downloaded the sketch code to Leonardo, and all response initializations messages from Arduino board was ok. Next i positioned the full robot in horizontal position and waiting for steppers and servo "vibrating" as expected; also this was ok. Now i tried to position the robot vertically, and the balancing was erratic; some time it was balancing for a little time, some time not at all, with IMU board response very strange. I suspected noise interference from stepper motors, so i did some modifications:
1 - Fully shielded and grounded both steppers motor cables.
2 - Removed the IMU board from WiFi module top ( as standard ), and lifted-up this board by a self made frame, shortening the I2C connections as much as possible; this also move the IMU away from steppers noise.
3 - Moved the main switch and power connections from battery pack to Leonardo input, fully on the lateral side, with the aim to moving away this possible noise generator from IMU board.
I changed nothing more; now the robot balance perfectly, responds well to hand push and also responds to WiFi commands from my Galaxy loaded with standard JJrobot control APP ( FWD and REW was inverted at the moment, but this is another story ).
I hope this can help someone to assemble this gorgeous kit, and sorry for my bad english.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Post: #2
Nice job! I had the same issue with a variation I did on the regular B-robot. The IMU is quite tricky sometimes. I will try your MOD too. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

Forum Jump:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)