Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
B robot doesn't work with iOS
11-28-2016, 06:00 PM
Rainbow B robot doesn't work with iOS
Hi everybody!
I'm here because I have a huge problem with the brain shield and b robot.
Today I mounted up every electronic part of the b robot, I downloaded the b robot new .ino file and uploaded it to the arduino.
Next I downloaded and configured the touchOSC app on my iphone, as jjrobots says. Then I switched up the arduino(and the brain shield too), I looked for the wifi and i found one called Al-THINKER_C...., without any password. This is the brain shield wifi beacause as soon as i switch it off, the wifi disappears, but it's not called JJROBOTS and doesn't have any password. After I opened my app and noticed that nothing works! No moves or other things, even the servo doesn't work. May you help me please? Do you know why I have a different wifi? Thanks a lot!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: B robot doesn't work with iOS
news: I succeeded in changing wifi password after trying a different leonardo. Anyway I can't use the bot because nothing works, only as soon as i power the leo up the servo turns a bit, then nothing. Any tips? Something happened to you too, mybe on android? thanks
11-29-2016, 10:18 AM
The iOS app (roverbot was its name?) has not SERVO button. I would recommend moving to Touch OSC.
Please, send photos of your assembly that will help a lot to identify the problem
11-29-2016, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2016 11:01 AM by SugarSkull.)
Rainbow RE: B robot doesn't work with iOS
(11-29-2016 10:18 AM)JohnQ Wrote:  The iOS app (roverbot was its name?) has not SERVO button. I would recommend moving to Touch OSC.
Please, send photos of your assembly that will help a lot to identify the problem

first of all thanks a lot, really, i'm going mad. Then, yes I was thinking about the TouchOSC app, which is the only one I have, which has the servo button, right? Anyway, nothing happens clicking it Sad.
This morning I read the code and I succeeded in modifying the previous wifi name in a new one, changing the password too.
I'll send photos asap, thanks a lot! I notice that the problem is the IMU, because when i connect it to the leonardo, directly, and try to test it, the i2c scanner doesn't finad anything!

https://mega.nz/#F!3cMQmJYT!7ZIMfE-xA_1BdMvw8nnRjw
Here are photos! Using the imu the board doesn't work, while without the imu everything starts fine. On the other side, even without the imu, the bot doesn't work via app, I really don't know why!
11-29-2016, 12:41 PM
99%: Looks like the IMU has been damaged. They are quite sensitive to electrostatic discharge. Do you have another to discard that error?
11-29-2016, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2016 01:06 PM by SugarSkull.)
I'm afraid I don't! As a matter of fact it's the first thing I thought about! Now I look for it in the house

The problem is that even if I disconnect the imu and the system works, the app doesn't! The bot seems doesn't recognize any imput!
12-05-2016, 09:35 PM
The Brobots need to check all its components before starting to be able to respond to commands. If the IMU is damaged. The initial starting-up procedure can not be finished :-\
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 09:50 PM
thanks a lot!! If it's real, I'm hoping that as soon as the imu arrives maybe the robot starts!! Thaaaaaaanks