Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Use Nano/Uno Instead of Leonardo
11-08-2016, 05:49 AM
Use Nano/Uno Instead of Leonardo
Hi, I would like to use my Arduino Uno or Nano for this project because I've already had them. I read in some threads that I should change the code since the code uses timer0 and timer2 (8 bit) and timer1 (16 bit).

So what's exactly their differences? In the code, which part uses timer0 or timer2 and timer1?

What parts of the code should I change? I also read that I need to change the code for the wifi module as well (serial1). But how?

Could you guide me? Sorry I'm just learning Arduino.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Use Nano/Uno Instead of Leonardo
Why Nano or Uno? I can't see any reason for this. Any way You need WiFi module. Write your code to ESP8266 and do not torture yourself with additional microprocessors and serial connections.
/Google translator/
11-11-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: Use Nano/Uno Instead of Leonardo
(11-09-2016 11:02 AM)sasa999 Wrote:  Why Nano or Uno? I can't see any reason for this. Any way You need WiFi module. Write your code to ESP8266 and do not torture yourself with additional microprocessors and serial connections.
/Google translator/

Hi, thanks for replying! After some thought, I want to make it easier. So I use Arduino Pro Micro which seems to be compatible with Leonardo.

So I have this WiFi wodule ESP-12E like this one:

[Image: esp-12e-front.jpg]

So how am I supposed to get started? Is there any step-by-step guide on how to program the WiFi module, then the TouchOSC, etc.?

I hope you can help. Thanks!