Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Newly assembled -- having some issues, advice?
08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Newly assembled -- having some issues, advice?
Question:

After getting everything assembled, I turned on the bot and it was not acting very well, wheels just spun.. and had no torque. I could put light pressure on the wheels, and they would stop spinning, just noise came from them...

after playing with it some more, and getting the app on the phone to connect, it seems to act much better... but...

right now, I can get the bot to stand up.. and it works for a minute... but if I just leave it standing still, it will just fall over for no reason, like it lost power or something... then when it is on its side, the wheels will ever so slightly turn... standing up the bot it will not fix itself.. it has to be powered off and back on before it clears up... but then it will do the same thing.

any advice to what could be the issue?

thanks in advance.

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Newly assembled -- having some issues, advice?
It would be helpful for anyone who will try to help if there are some photos/videos of your setup.
08-17-2016, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 08:19 PM by Wins495.)
Here are a few pics... and a short vid... bot just seems to fall over.. some times I think maybe the software crashed as input from the android app is ignored(ie can';t trigger the servo).

and a link to the vid my friend put up on youtube for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERFrjfZy...e=youtu.be
08-17-2016, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 09:11 PM by jimmy.)
Wins495,
I think you have some kinds of interference from the battery, you might want to move the MPU6050 away from the battery (mine had problem with this setup) and make sure the battery is full and > 11.5v or you might want to turn off the battery monitor and shutdown in the code.

Notice how I place my mpu650 on the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYi9HeBc...e=youtu.be

Hope this helps!

I looked at your MPU6050 connection and it seems you have them connected wrong, vcc should be the outer pin and I don't see it in the photo.
Just curious!

Here's my original setup with custom built frame, the battery was placed on the top shelf.
http://forumsjjrobots.com/attachment.php?aid=130
08-18-2016, 02:08 AM
[Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try this weekend and I will double check the connections.

Bob
08-20-2016, 08:06 PM
fyi, I moved the accell/gryo board up away from the battery, and it works much better! thanks for the advice.

Bob
08-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Cool! any updated video?
08-23-2016, 02:35 PM
I will try this weekend... basically it is pretty stable now running around... it is however unstable trying to stand up with the servo arm... I think the accell/gryo board being up so high is what is causing it... to much of a swing, over correcting.. I need to get the code installed on my pc and downloading to see what is happening...

I might try some different configurations... maybe try shielding the wiring and see if I can move the gryo board back down closer to where is was..

Bob