Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FIXED] B-Robot kit not working
07-07-2016, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 09:07 AM by JJrobots JP.)
[FIXED] B-Robot kit not working
I brought a BRobot kit without the 3D plastic, compiled and upload the code B-Robot v2.2 to Arduino Leonardo without problem, when start up it stuck on
BROBOT by JJROBOTS v2.2
Initializing I2C devices...

Nothing is happening...

Also the ESP8266 on Brian shield ssid is AI-THINKER-E14766, I think it has not been programmed?

Hope someone can point me to where the problem is.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: B-Robot kit not working
(07-07-2016 03:12 PM)jimmy Wrote:  I brought a BRobot kit without the 3D plastic, compiled and upload the code B-Robot v2.2 to Arduino Leonardo without problem, when start up it stuck on
BROBOT by JJROBOTS v2.2
Initializing I2C devices...

Nothing is happening...

Also the ESP8266 on Brian shield ssid is AI-THINKER-E14766, I think it has not been programmed?

Hope someone can point me to where the problem is.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Hi Jimmy,
Attach photos of your set up paying attention to the cable connections and polarities. Doing so we will be able to help you. Looks like the Wifi module is not programmed properly (nor the Leonardo). Try to upload this code (attached).

Attached File(s)
.rar  BROBOT.rar (Size: 9.32 KB / Downloads: 25)
07-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks for quick reply JohnQ!
I am sure I got all connections right, I have not built a body for the bot yet just connected all the electronic parts and make sure hardware/software work as it should before put them on a body. I will upload the a photo of the connects tonight and will try out the code you uploaded here. Since the ESP-12 on the shield was not programmed, does it need to be programmed in order for the shield to work?

Jimmy
07-08-2016, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 05:54 AM by jimmy.)
OK, I found the problem, the Leonardo that came with the kit did not work with the shield, I replaced the Leonardo that I had for a while and everything worked including ESP-12 with a correct ssid "JJROBOTS_66" and TouchOSC also worked.