Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autonomus mode
03-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Smile Autonomus mode
Hi,
congratulations for the wonderful projects that share, are really cool!
I have not figured out how to do to get the autonomous navigation of robots.
Thank You,
sincerely yours,
Gerry

PS
so sorry my bad English ...Blush
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Autonomus mode
Thanks Gerry,
Autonomous mode would be posible with this robot. You need to add a distance sensor (ultrasonic or IR) and you could implement a code to automatically avoid obstacles.
We will probably implement this code and shared on the forum as a "hack" or "update" of the robot. If someone has already done this, please share!

Bye,
Jose.
03-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Hello!
thank you for answering!
As soon as I finish building Air Hockey Robot, I move on B_Robot (then I will have to buy some of your components).
See you soon,
Gerry
03-06-2015, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 02:05 PM by bicker.)
Hello,
I was interested in your project.
I only question is whether this can be done on the Bluetooth Arduino UNO and have a HC-05 module. that much I will have to modify, if anyone knows how to do please help me ???!!!
Thank You for any suggestion.

bicker

PS
so sorry my bad English ...
03-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Hi bicker,
There are some differences between the UNO and the Leonardo. And one is important here: the timers. The Leonardo has two, and B-robot uses both at the same time.
That code won't work in the UNO because there is no timer2 (or it is used for another purpose). The interrupt will never get triggered and the PID controller won't be able to drive the output.

In relation with the HC-05: it would works but you will need to change the code a little and create a new interface in your smartphone/tablet in order to control the B-robot. Will be funny too :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Thank you for the information.
if there is a chance for your code for HC-05.
03-16-2015, 05:17 AM
I think that due to the cheaper alternative of HC-05 would be more interest on the sets ....
For me the price 85 E is a little too high ....

What do you think ??
03-17-2015, 09:37 AM
Hi bicker,
In my opinion there are some disadvantages on bluetooth modules:
- They are not compatible with some (old) smartphone models. Specially on IOS you should have problems with old models.
- Range is usually less than Wifi
- The app that we are using to control de robots (TouchOSC) and other OSC apps are not compatible with bluetooth. They run on UDP packets that travels on IP networks (Wifi). This is a serious problem because we will need to provide new interfaces por IOS, android, PC...
- The clear advantage is price. They are cheaper!

But of course you could hack it and modify it to use bluetooth and please share the results, this is the spirit ;-)

(03-16-2015 05:17 AM)bicker Wrote:  I think that due to the cheaper alternative of HC-05 would be more interest on the sets ....
For me the price 85 E is a little too high ....

What do you think ??
03-18-2015, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 03:47 PM by bicker.)
Hello JoseJulio
I think that every smartphone with wifi in which you can install BT also has TouchSC
the fact that the system would be a limitation here but .... for now Android later IOS
so you can try
Only without your help I do nothing, please help with the modification of the code and the information that must be sent by BT to control the robot .....
04-23-2016, 08:18 PM
(03-04-2015 08:38 PM)JoseJulio Wrote:  Thanks Gerry,
Autonomous mode would be posible with this robot. You need to add a distance sensor (ultrasonic or IR) and you could implement a code to automatically avoid obstacles.
We will probably implement this code and shared on the forum as a "hack" or "update" of the robot. If someone has already done this, please share!

Bye,
Jose.

Hi, do you know when that kind of autonomous "update" would be coming? It would be fantastic...