Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Silent motor?
05-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Silent motor?
Are there any quieter motor/propeller options that will work with the blimpduino kit? So far everything is great except for the noise. I wouldn’t even mind sacrificing speed and maneuverability for something that doesn’t produce that high-pitched buzz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Silent motor?
(05-05-2019 04:40 PM)msg Wrote:  Are there any quieter motor/propeller options that will work with the blimpduino kit? So far everything is great except for the noise. I wouldn’t even mind sacrificing speed and maneuverability for something that doesn’t produce that high-pitched buzz.
Motor with less rpm and using larger propellers will help reducing the noise but you will need to adjust the PID values in the Arduino code (no big deal). The ESC controllers of the Blimpduino control board can handle up to 1A of current delivered to the motors.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for alternate motors or propellers? Also, could you tell me the diameter of the shaft on the included motors? I have found some 1mm hub propellers and am wondering if they will work.
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2019, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019 10:28 AM by JJrobots JP.)
(05-06-2019 07:13 PM)msg Wrote:  Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for alternate motors or propellers? Also, could you tell me the diameter of the shaft on the included motors? I have found some 1mm hub propellers and am wondering if they will work.

We have tested 0715 motors with low RPM (7mm diameter and 15mm long, <10000 rpm without load) with 4 cms propellers with good navigation results. The made less noise than the "standard" ones. If you change the motors, they should indicate the shaft diameter, it has to bee between 0.8 and 1 mm. The standard ones have a 0.8 mm shaft
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user