Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Brain Shield with integrated IMU?
05-11-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: New Brain Shield with integrated IMU?
(05-11-2018 10:06 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 08:38 PM)Vaygr Wrote:  The M0 board has been retired on the official Arduino.cc website. Instead, it's been replaced by the M0 Pro https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-m0-pro which adds a debugger. I wonder if the new Brain Shield will have a debugger included?
We will include (pre-program) the official Arduino firmware in the M0 so you can use the Arduino IDE to upload/code the new Brain without problems. The Atmel Studio debugger can be used right now

When is it possible to order one? Price?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2018, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2018 11:18 AM by Vaygr.)
(05-11-2018 08:49 PM)@mundsen Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 10:06 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 08:38 PM)Vaygr Wrote:  The M0 board has been retired on the official Arduino.cc website. Instead, it's been replaced by the M0 Pro https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-m0-pro which adds a debugger. I wonder if the new Brain Shield will have a debugger included?
We will include (pre-program) the official Arduino firmware in the M0 so you can use the Arduino IDE to upload/code the new Brain without problems. The Atmel Studio debugger can be used right now

When is it possible to order one? Price?

The admins mentioned in another post that they are working on 3 different projects at the moment, and you can see some changes on the main website page. I also recently got an email about the official release of the Motorized camera slider (you might want to subscribe to their mailing list if you're not already). They created a new subforum for it: http://forums.jjrobots.com/forum-47.html
I believe that they will release the new brain shield as soon as they can. About the price?? Nothing has been mentioned yet but my guess is that it shouldn't be too far off the price of the current brain shield.
05-12-2018, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018 08:04 PM by @mundsen.)
Great if it can support setting the stepping mode 1/16, 1/32..
Then it can support more stepper driver types..
05-17-2018, 07:28 PM
(05-12-2018 03:51 PM)@mundsen Wrote:  Great if it can support setting the stepping mode 1/16, q/33..
Then it can support more stepper driver types..

And... yes! Vaygr is right. We have finished the design and proceeding to test the board. And yes... the 3 stepper motor drivers can be configured for different steps conf. I will upload the schematic asap. ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2019, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2019 10:31 AM by Vaygr.)
It's been a while since we had any updates about the new brain shield. Is there any news about its development and/or release? Smile
The B-Robot is by far my favourite for learning anything from basic Arduino to more advanced control engineering. I am currently learning modelling and simulations (using Matlab and Simulink) and i'm using B-ROBOT as the main study platform. I want to connect an SD card to the Leonardo and do some data logging and then plot a graph to show the PID response when controlling the robot. Afterwards, i'm thinking of pushing it to another level, by live data logging using the WiFi module for telemetry on the smartphone or PC. I'm not sure how to do it, yet. But i'm glad that i don't have to build the balancing robot from scratch and can save a lot of time by just working on analysis. Big Grin
I believe that BROBOT deserves a spot in all higher education electronic labs! Cool
04-01-2019, 09:08 PM
(03-30-2019 10:29 AM)Vaygr Wrote:  It's been a while since we had any updates about the new brain shield. Is there any news about its development and/or release? Smile
The B-Robot is by far my favourite for learning anything from basic Arduino to more advanced control engineering. I am currently learning modelling and simulations (using Matlab and Simulink) and i'm using B-ROBOT as the main study platform. I want to connect an SD card to the Leonardo and do some data logging and then plot a graph to show the PID response when controlling the robot. Afterwards, i'm thinking of pushing it to another level, by live data logging using the WiFi module for telemetry on the smartphone or PC. I'm not sure how to do it, yet. But i'm glad that i don't have to build the balancing robot from scratch and can save a lot of time by just working on analysis. Big Grin
I believe that BROBOT deserves a spot in all higher education electronic labs! Cool
Hi!
Just today we have started to produce the fist batch of 500 units! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin The testing stage took longer than expected. The new Brain shield has many more components and the servo control, IR interference and MPU placement required several redesigns. But it is finally here!

PS: please keep us updated with your Brobot logger version. Sounds G.R.E.A.T
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2019, 12:35 PM
(04-01-2019 09:08 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hi!
Just today we have started to produce the fist batch of 500 units! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin The testing stage took longer than expected. The new Brain shield has many more components and the servo control, IR interference and MPU placement required several redesigns. But it is finally here!

PS: please keep us updated with your Brobot logger version. Sounds G.R.E.A.T

That's excellent news about the new Brain shield! I (along with many others) have been waiting for the EVO 3 (or whatever it'll be called). Consider me as one of the first in line to pre-order! Big Grin

I will post as soon as i've made enough progress with my B-Robot logger version. Shy

Looking forward to the next product announcement on the jjrobots website! Cool