Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connectivity issue
09-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Connectivity issue
I was connected to my network at home, but I took my iBoardBot to university, and connected to the network there. I logged in using my reg ID, the orange light is not blinking, it is solid, but when I send any text to it, nothing happens. What should I do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2018, 10:21 AM
RE: Connectivity issue
Check that the University WIFI network does not have any proxy running or closed ports. That would be the most likely problem. You can check the iboardbot is working connecting it to your smartphone shared internet network.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2018, 11:59 AM
But now I can't disconnect from the university network because i can't turn off the router, how do I disconnect?
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2018, 05:37 PM
(09-06-2018 11:59 AM)platypus100 Wrote:  But now I can't disconnect from the university network because i can't turn off the router, how do I disconnect?

The iboardbot goes back to the factory settings and forget the authentication info if it is not capable to reach the wifi network. There are 2 options:
1) Turn on the electronic away from the WIFI network (so the Arduino can not detect it)
2) Upload the sketch code EEPROM-> eeprom_clear from the Arduino IDE examples and re-upload the iboardbot code to the Arduino after doing that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user