Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help on OSC Protocol
07-13-2018, 09:22 AM
Help on OSC Protocol
Hello all,

I need your please.
I want to offer to my grandson that is 8 year old the B-Robot Evo 2. My problem is that e doesn't have yet a smart phone and is mother only wants to give him a at 10 year of age, so I wanted to build a command my self using a joystick of as old RC radio control o few switches and a small LCD display. I think that I am able to do it with my small knowledge of C/C++ programing, my problem is that I do not understand yet how to construct an OSC command like "MOVE Ex: /1/m XXXX XXXX XXXX => length:16 Params: speed, steps1, steps2 (all float)"

Can some one please, explain me step by step how to build the complete command, and the range of values.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Manuel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2018, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2018 12:08 PM by JohnQ.)
RE: Help on OSC Protocol
There is info (maybe you already know this) here: http://opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0

If I were you, I would connect the brobot to the USB port and listen to the verbose send by the robot in the Arduino IDE serial monitor.

There is a DEBUG mode in the OSC.ino file, Just uncomment it and check the messages sent by the OSC touch so you can replicate and understand them:

From the file:
// for DEBUG uncomment this lines...
//#define OSCDEBUG 0
07-13-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: Help on OSC Protocol
(07-13-2018 12:02 PM)JohnQ Wrote:  There is info (maybe you already know this) here: http://opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0

If I were you, I would connect the brobot to the USB port and listen to the verbose send by the robot in the Arduino IDE serial monitor.

There is a DEBUG mode in the OSC.ino file, Just uncomment it and check the messages sent by the OSC touch so you can replicate and understand them:

From the file:
// for DEBUG uncomment this lines...
//#define OSCDEBUG 0

JohnQ
thanks for the information. I am going to look into it and see if understand.
thanks and regards
Manuel