Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My third robot - mini
06-08-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: My third robot - mini
So i finally managed to make it work.

The problem (as i always have) was mechanical.
You can see in the picture that i moved all the weight up. Before, the plate which was keeping the motor brackets was on bottom and I guess that because of the bottom weight the robot was not able to lean enough to spin the motors for forwards or backwards direction.

So, as a conclusion for all other people which are willing to create such robot from scratch: you can use the schematic from jjrobots for brain shield. If you are going to use Arduino Pro micro, you have to change in code port D12 with D6 (if you want to use servo, you have to use D9 or other free port) in such case be carefull and comment all functions related to servos in servos.ino .

the position of the gyroscope it's critical, please use as a guide the original B-Robot.
the same is valid for chassis, please try to be as close as possible with the original.

I will develop my self another chassis, hopefully the robot will give even better reaction.

I have to specify that I try the parameters for B-Robot evo offroad, but in my case it is not usable, the robot is shaking and moving very chaotic, i suspect my chassis.

Once again, thank you Carlo for support.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Can you show the connection diagram?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2017, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 10:27 AM by gamba.)
(06-08-2017 08:17 PM)radu022003 Wrote:  So i finally managed to make it work.

The problem (as i always have) was mechanical.
You can see in the picture that i moved all the weight up. Before, the plate which was keeping the motor brackets was on bottom and I guess that because of the bottom weight the robot was not able to lean enough to spin the motors for forwards or backwards direction.

So, as a conclusion for all other people which are willing to create such robot from scratch: you can use the schematic from jjrobots for brain shield. If you are going to use Arduino Pro micro, you have to change in code port D12 with D6 (if you want to use servo, you have to use D9 or other free port) in such case be carefull and comment all functions related to servos in servos.ino .

the position of the gyroscope it's critical, please use as a guide the original B-Robot.
the same is valid for chassis, please try to be as close as possible with the original.

I will develop my self another chassis, hopefully the robot will give even better reaction.

I have to specify that I try the parameters for B-Robot evo offroad, but in my case it is not usable, the robot is shaking and moving very chaotic, i suspect my chassis.

Once again, thank you Carlo for support.

Hi.
I try to make your version and change port 12 to use port 6 but I have some trouble with one stepper motor.
Can you please inform what changes I must make in coding. All are tested individually by Arduino examples and seems working. Must be some code change who are missing.

- in file BROBOT_EVO2.ino

pinMode(4, OUTPUT); // ENABLE MOTORS
pinMode(7, OUTPUT); // STEP MOTOR 1 PORTE,6
pinMode(8, OUTPUT); // DIR MOTOR 1 PORTB,4
pinMode(6, OUTPUT); // STEP MOTOR PORTD,7
pinMode(5, OUTPUT); // DIR MOTOR 2 PORTC,6
digitalWrite(4, HIGH); // Disable motors

pinMode(10, OUTPUT); // Servo1 (arm)
pinMode(9, OUTPUT); // Servo2

- in file BROBOT_EVO2.ino
pinMode(12, OUTPUT); -> pinMode(6, OUTPUT);
- in file Control.ino