Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
iboardbot Server?
05-06-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: iboardbot Server?
Hi to all,
we started the migration of our server code to a standalone version but another projects are occupying out time. We are sorry for this and we will continue with this code soon... sorry again for the delay on this release... We will publish any update on this here.

Jose

(04-30-2017 11:26 AM)dineshkumares Wrote:  Hi

Please do let us know when you will be releasing the php server code

-D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Eagarly waiting to know more about how things are handled in server side.

Regards
D
(05-06-2017 04:34 PM)JoseJulio Wrote:  Hi to all,
we started the migration of our server code to a standalone version but another projects are occupying out time. We are sorry for this and we will continue with this code soon... sorry again for the delay on this release... We will publish any update on this here.

Jose

(04-30-2017 11:26 AM)dineshkumares Wrote:  Hi

Please do let us know when you will be releasing the php server code

-D
09-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Any news on the open-source server?

I just learned about the Iboardbot kit. I want to purchase the kit but the closed source server on the cloud really turns me off. I really want a standalone open-source learning kit so I can experiment with it, not a throw-away toy.

How about giving personal-use-only source license to purchasers?
That would save your time to create an open-source version.

The talk to open source starts in 2016.
It is 2019 now....

Charles
04-10-2020, 05:56 PM
Hi all.

I've had my iBoardBot for awhile now and have been primarily using it in my kitchen with an IFTTT formula to display the weather once a day. My wife really enjoys the functionality but I've always wanted to do more with it.

I decided to write my own server instance and extend the functionality for my specific use case. Here is a screen shot of what my server process produces.

[Image: Weather1.jpg]

The server instance works with the standard firmware with a small change to point the hostname and IP address to a local machine within my house hosting the new server. There are many improvements that I would like to make to the firmware but those will wait for another day. I specifically wanted to be able to switch from my own server to the standard one during development - mostly as a way of debugging my bugs but also to retain compatibility for other folks.

Feel free to grab all the associated code from: https://github.com/mchughj/iBoardBot

Caveats:

1. The server supports multiple boards but there is no authentication. My use case is a board (or two) in a local network environment.
  2. The server supports some control verbs so that it can be controlled by any http client. There are very, very simple control plane HTML pages generated by the software directly so you can interact with a web browser but these are really for debugging purposes.
  3. The intent here is that you write some software to schedule and control the server process. The server is not designed to be used as a front-end although this would be pretty easy to support. It just isn't my use case.
  4. The server uses OpenCV for a super simple vectorization of images and freetype-py to support true type fonts. There are some awesome vectorization algorithms out there and I haven't spent any time to incorporate them.
  5. There are tons of extensions to the software that are possible but, for the moment, it does everything that I want it to do. Having said that I usually constantly noodle on these things and will be adding additional functionality over time. Consider this a good v1.0.

If people actually use this, and extend it further, then I'm happy to invest more time in documentation. Smile

Jason
04-13-2020, 11:05 AM
Great job! testing it now
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2020, 11:06 AM
Woah! Thanks for this! creating the local server this tonight
04-13-2020, 12:43 PM
(04-13-2020 11:06 AM)JohnQ Wrote:  Woah! Thanks for this! creating the local server this tonight

No problem. If you have any questions then Messenger is the fastest way to get in contact with me: https://www.facebook.com/dorkmchugh. Let me know if you have any problems.