Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B-Robot not in balance
11-27-2015, 03:51 PM
B-Robot not in balance
Hi.

I have build the B-Robot EVO and everything seems fine, but it's not balancing. The only underground where it works (sometimes) is a thick carpet. In 1 of 10 tries i could drive two curves in all other cases every try to move ends to downfall.

What's wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: B-Robot not in balance
How does it fall? Have you checked the motor drivers potentiometers? They could need to be set to deliver all the power to the motors.
Are the batteries full? A video could help a lot :-)
11-29-2015, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 04:17 PM by wrkdesign.)
Here are some videos. In the second clip i tried to navigate via OSC but it only changed the sound of the motors.

http://www.guitarlinks.de/vids/b_robot1.m4v
http://www.guitarlinks.de/vids/b_robot2.m4v

It's strange that the behavior is not always the same. In one case it remained upright and drove slowly forward. Sometimes it makes a fast pirouette before falling.
11-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?
Check angle_adjusted, motor1, motor2 values.
Check current on steppers or voltage on driver pot.
What batteries do you use, voltage?
11-29-2015, 08:35 PM
(11-29-2015 05:52 PM)sasa999 Wrote:  Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?

The behavior is different when i lift the robot (after switching off/on), sometimes the motors nearly don't spin but they are very active - trying to regulate something? - sometimes the right motor (in drive direction) is spinning full speed while the left motor stops after a second.
Motors and wheels are mounted correct (as everything else - i checked it several times).
I use new standard AAA batteries.
Current - sorry, not this evening

Thanks for Your interest!
11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
(11-29-2015 08:35 PM)wrkdesign Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 05:52 PM)sasa999 Wrote:  Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?

The behavior is different when i lift the robot (after switching off/on), sometimes the motors nearly don't spin but they are very active - trying to regulate something? - sometimes the right motor (in drive direction) is spinning full speed while the left motor stops after a second.
Motors and wheels are mounted correct (as everything else - i checked it several times).
I use new standard AAA batteries.
Current - sorry, not this evening

Thanks for Your interest!

Looks like you have a power supply issue. Not powerful enough. Try with AA batteries or an external 11-12V power supply.
Have you trimmed the stepper motors drivers?
11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Problem solved!

It was a weak contact at the left steppers plug.

Thanks a lot!
11-30-2015, 05:32 PM
(11-30-2015 05:26 PM)wrkdesign Wrote:  It was a weak contact at the left steppers plug.
Robot must balance with only one motor too. I have tried disconnect one motor driver - robot balance themself.