Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change motor output on DEVIA board
03-16-2020, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 09:43 PM by hami.)
RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board
(03-16-2020 11:28 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hi Hami
Yes, you can just change the Arduino file as you have done. Regarding the connector getting loose, did you notice, when you got the DEVIA control board if the packet got bumps or external damage? The use high density solder mask, which is very good to get strong solders between headers and the PCB. From your photo, it looks like the PCB is fine but the headers came out? You should be able to re-solder it, but if you want, we can take a look at it if you send it back to our office in UK.

No, I didn't noticed any external damage when delivered. And also my second DEVIA board, used on the sphere-o-bot works fine. Today I re-soldered the headers sucessfully but I'm sceptical about long term use. Also I changed the wire to the motor to a longer one (60cm) and without cable protection to reduce pressure on the headers. I've seen that the board is actually sold out. When would it became available again?

By the way I had to modify the 3D model of the base because it was too tight for my 20x20mm aluminium rod +1mm for the wheels-drillings was enough. Furthermore the belt moved very stiff and the motors loosed steps. Applicating some silicone-lube on the inner side of the belt made it moving smooth :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM
RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-16-2020 09:38 PM