Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Various Tuning Questions
03-27-2017, 03:16 AM
Various Tuning Questions
I have the unit somewhat operable on two configurations:

Galaxy 10.1 Tab/w and Lenovo/Phab II Pro -- Tango model. Both models are too large for the suspension arm and I am using a tripod w/camera view from the H-bot side.

The Galaxy device screen layout is Landscape and the app opens and configures in landscape.
The PhabII device layout is typical cellphone (portrait), but the app opens and configures in landscape.

Question#1: Does the app always use Landscape for the table calibration?
Galaxy/App will intecept puck and knock it back, but the Phab/App refuses to. Both Galaxy and Phab/Apps work with manual control and position to the correct relative position on the manual-control screen (rapid motion, no slippage, no noise).

iow. is there anything else I can check on the PhabII configuration?

Question#2: During play there is a calibrate robot and puck option which states to move the yellow to the location (either robot or puck). How is this done?

I've tried every option of drag, swipe and pick but the screen always seems to return a yellow box the size of the table (perhaps table calibrate).

Question#3: The Galaxy can track and meet the puck but often can either miss, or not push back hard enough to really get the puck to move to the other side. There are times where the robot is in defensive position and puck is on robot's side, but it doesn't go after it. Is there a way to make the robot more agressive? push harder? it is in Hard mode.

The robot seems pretty peppy in manual mode. I have adjusted the current amps but the pots seem to be either one-turn, and/or roll over. Can you give some insight as to how to properly tune the motors if you suspect this to be a factor? 1/8th turn, etc...

iow. For the "initial move button" what pattern are we to expect? what range of motion? should stop position = start position. Perhaps this is the first place to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Various Tuning Questions - eximer168 - 03-27-2017 03:16 AM
RE: Various Tuning Questions - JoseJulio - 03-29-2017, 09:54 PM