Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things
04-12-2017, 12:01 AM
RE: Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things
Hello jpedroc,

I just received my "Awesome Robotics Kit" yesterday and am really excited to get printing! Maybe even before Easter!!! We have our eggbot fully constructed but I am having a communication problems with the Arduino Leonardo connecting through the Inkscape Eggbot Extension on my mac. I have been googling around and trying different solutions and saw that your message was recently posted and I thought I would see how things are going. Do you have any updates?

When I try to connect with the Eggbot Extension I get an error that says "Failed to connect to EggBot. :(". A common problem reported by google is the serial port name changes and causes the findPort function to fail. I managed to get around this first problem by adding the following to EBB_serial.py file:

Code:
if EBBport is None:
    for port in comPortsList:
        if port[1].startswith("Arduino"):
            EBBport = port[0] #Success; EBB found by VID/PID match.
            break   #stop searching-- we are done.

Now I see a new dialog box which says "'Eggbot Control' Working, please wait..." but quickly fails again with the now familiar "Failed to connect to EggBot. :(". I think the problem is now in the testport function. I can get it to timeout longer but I am not sure what is causing the core problem. I am also have never debugged python inside of Inkscape so it is taking some time for me to figure out.

Anyway, thanks for your post. I tried the SM,2000,0,-200 command in the Arduino IDE SERIAL MONITOR program but it didn't do anything. I will try to install the Leonardo Drivers next (i just need to find mac instructions or try dusting off my windows machine).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things - colbrydi - 04-12-2017 12:01 AM