JJRobots COMMUNITY
B-Robot not in balance - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: B-Robot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: B-Robot not in balance (/showthread.php?tid=768)

B-Robot not in balance - wrkdesign - 11-27-2015 03:51 PM

Hi.

I have build the B-Robot EVO and everything seems fine, but it's not balancing. The only underground where it works (sometimes) is a thick carpet. In 1 of 10 tries i could drive two curves in all other cases every try to move ends to downfall.

What's wrong?

RE: B-Robot not in balance - JohnQ - 11-28-2015 06:19 PM

How does it fall? Have you checked the motor drivers potentiometers? They could need to be set to deliver all the power to the motors.
Are the batteries full? A video could help a lot :-)

RE: B-Robot not in balance - wrkdesign - 11-29-2015 04:10 PM

Here are some videos. In the second clip i tried to navigate via OSC but it only changed the sound of the motors.

http://www.guitarlinks.de/vids/b_robot1.m4v
http://www.guitarlinks.de/vids/b_robot2.m4v

It's strange that the behavior is not always the same. In one case it remained upright and drove slowly forward. Sometimes it makes a fast pirouette before falling.

RE: B-Robot not in balance - sasa999 - 11-29-2015 05:52 PM

Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?
Check angle_adjusted, motor1, motor2 values.
Check current on steppers or voltage on driver pot.
What batteries do you use, voltage?

RE: B-Robot not in balance - wrkdesign - 11-29-2015 08:35 PM

(11-29-2015 05:52 PM)sasa999 Wrote:  Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?

The behavior is different when i lift the robot (after switching off/on), sometimes the motors nearly don't spin but they are very active - trying to regulate something? - sometimes the right motor (in drive direction) is spinning full speed while the left motor stops after a second.
Motors and wheels are mounted correct (as everything else - i checked it several times).
I use new standard AAA batteries.
Current - sorry, not this evening

Thanks for Your interest!

RE: B-Robot not in balance - JohnQ - 11-30-2015 12:53 PM

(11-29-2015 08:35 PM)wrkdesign Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 05:52 PM)sasa999 Wrote:  Does motors spin at full speed if you lift robot/wheels from ground at +- vertical position?

The behavior is different when i lift the robot (after switching off/on), sometimes the motors nearly don't spin but they are very active - trying to regulate something? - sometimes the right motor (in drive direction) is spinning full speed while the left motor stops after a second.
Motors and wheels are mounted correct (as everything else - i checked it several times).
I use new standard AAA batteries.
Current - sorry, not this evening

Thanks for Your interest!

Looks like you have a power supply issue. Not powerful enough. Try with AA batteries or an external 11-12V power supply.
Have you trimmed the stepper motors drivers?

RE: B-Robot not in balance - wrkdesign - 11-30-2015 05:26 PM

Problem solved!

It was a weak contact at the left steppers plug.

Thanks a lot!

RE: B-Robot not in balance - sasa999 - 11-30-2015 05:32 PM

(11-30-2015 05:26 PM)wrkdesign Wrote:  It was a weak contact at the left steppers plug.
Robot must balance with only one motor too. I have tried disconnect one motor driver - robot balance themself.