JJRobots COMMUNITY
Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Motorized Camera SLIDER (/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) (/showthread.php?tid=2490)

Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) - naiki - 04-25-2020 06:54 PM

Hi There,

I am new to Arduino and just ordered the motorized slider. I was wondering if i could attach a servo to triger my shuter and how to program it.
I have a camera with no conections nor time lapse programing and a cable release is de only option.

Salud,

RE: Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) - JJrobots JP - 04-25-2020 08:18 PM

(04-25-2020 06:54 PM)naiki Wrote:  Hi There,

I am new to Arduino and just ordered the motorized slider. I was wondering if i could attach a servo to triger my shuter and how to program it.
I have a camera with no conections nor time lapse programing and a cable release is de only option.

Salud,
It can be done with I guess you will have to design a 3D part to attach the servo close to the camera. What camera is it?

RE: Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) - naiki - 05-01-2020 07:53 AM

(04-25-2020 08:18 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(04-25-2020 06:54 PM)naiki Wrote:  Hi There,

Salud,
It can be done with I guess you will have to design a 3D part to attach the servo close to the camera. What camera is it?

Thanks ,

It is a FUJI XPRO1. My concern is not about the attachment but programming since I am completely new on this

RE: Need to connect a servo to triger my shutter (time Lapse) - MisterMaker - 05-28-2020 10:03 AM

I am pretty decent in coding with arduino.
But to understand some one else his code is pretty hard.

I see the Xpro1 uses a mechanical remote switch. I don't know how much force it takes, because small servo's can hardly push a strong button.

This option to control your camera with the slider would for me be interesting to do long exposure shots. Because the camera should be standing still while the exposure last.
Probably the easiest way would be to add a command with a delay function.
If position is multiple of x then servo pin high and delay Y seconds.
So when you want a picture after every x mm than you take a long exposure shot of Y seconds, and continue after that.
X could also be in seconds.

But delays often screw up the complete program, and adding a timer is not so easy (for me).