JJRobots COMMUNITY
Change motor output on DEVIA board - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Motorized Camera SLIDER (/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Change motor output on DEVIA board (/showthread.php?tid=2414)

Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-14-2020 11:04 AM

I transformed my recently build cameraslider V1 to the actual V2 version. Unfortunately I broke the connector on the M1 stepper Motor connector. Because of that I'd like to use the M3 connector instead. To do this I need help to adapt the arduino program. Which changes are necessary? Thanks for your help!

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-15-2020 08:10 AM

Got it by changing the ports in the steppers motor control file. But now also two pins of the M2 connector came loose Huh How can I fix that and it seems that it's a quality issue of my DEVIA board? Can't imagine how this should work in everyday use.....

[attachment=469]

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - JJrobots JP - 03-16-2020 11:28 AM

Hi Hami
Yes, you can just change the Arduino file as you have done. Regarding the connector getting loose, did you notice, when you got the DEVIA control board if the packet got bumps or external damage? The use high density solder mask, which is very good to get strong solders between headers and the PCB. From your photo, it looks like the PCB is fine but the headers came out? You should be able to re-solder it, but if you want, we can take a look at it if you send it back to our office in UK.

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-16-2020 09:38 PM

(03-16-2020 11:28 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hi Hami
Yes, you can just change the Arduino file as you have done. Regarding the connector getting loose, did you notice, when you got the DEVIA control board if the packet got bumps or external damage? The use high density solder mask, which is very good to get strong solders between headers and the PCB. From your photo, it looks like the PCB is fine but the headers came out? You should be able to re-solder it, but if you want, we can take a look at it if you send it back to our office in UK.

No, I didn't noticed any external damage when delivered. And also my second DEVIA board, used on the sphere-o-bot works fine. Today I re-soldered the headers sucessfully but I'm sceptical about long term use. Also I changed the wire to the motor to a longer one (60cm) and without cable protection to reduce pressure on the headers. I've seen that the board is actually sold out. When would it became available again?

By the way I had to modify the 3D model of the base because it was too tight for my 20x20mm aluminium rod +1mm for the wheels-drillings was enough. Furthermore the belt moved very stiff and the motors loosed steps. Applicating some silicone-lube on the inner side of the belt made it moving smooth :-)

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - JJrobots JP - 03-17-2020 05:09 PM

Ok. Noted.
We will have the DEVIA back in stock within 10 days (more or less).
Where did you get the aluminium rail? Does it have the V-shaped channels? Some are extruded with rectangular edges, not letting the V-wheels bearing to make full contact with the inner side of the channel. Is that the case?

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - hami - 03-18-2020 06:24 PM

(03-17-2020 05:09 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Ok. Noted.
Where did you get the aluminium rail? Does it have the V-shaped channels? Some are extruded with rectangular edges, not letting the V-wheels bearing to make full contact with the inner side of the channel. Is that the case?

I'n using this type of aluminium rail. Got it from our local cnc-shop.

[attachment=472]

RE: Change motor output on DEVIA board - JJrobots JP - 03-19-2020 12:31 PM

(03-18-2020 06:24 PM)hami Wrote:  
(03-17-2020 05:09 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Ok. Noted.

I'n using this type of aluminium rail. Got it from our local cnc-shop.

Makes sense. Thanks for the photo. That kind of rail need curved profile wheel bearings. The V-wheels need a profile like the one attached. Your camera slider will work but you will feel friction. The grease can help as you have stated :-)[attachment=473]