JJRobots COMMUNITY
Controller modifications questions - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Motorized Camera SLIDER (/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Controller modifications questions (/showthread.php?tid=2344)

Controller modifications questions - Charliebrm - 01-25-2020 04:15 PM

Does the control board have a pin for either of the following features I think would be good safety attributes?

1/ Limit switch(es) in case out of range settings are put in the app and the moving carriage starts to bind at either far end of the belt.

2/ A toggle switch so the carriage or the turntable motors can be manipulated by hand and any reverse current from the motors doesn't affect anything on the control board. I am usually pushing the slider by hand to the start point and I'm worried that doing that with the slider powered on leaves the control board vulnerable to EMF. Turning the slider completely off each time, to be cautious, means losing connection with the app and is time consuming.

Anyone got ideas? I know basically nothing about Arduino systems.

RE: Controller modifications questions - JJrobots JP - 01-29-2020 11:25 AM

(01-25-2020 04:15 PM)Charliebrm Wrote:  Does the control board have a pin for either of the following features I think would be good safety attributes?

1/ Limit switch(es) in case out of range settings are put in the app and the moving carriage starts to bind at either far end of the belt.

2/ A toggle switch so the carriage or the turntable motors can be manipulated by hand and any reverse current from the motors doesn't affect anything on the control board. I am usually pushing the slider by hand to the start point and I'm worried that doing that with the slider powered on leaves the control board vulnerable to EMF. Turning the slider completely off each time, to be cautious, means losing connection with the app and is time consuming.

Anyone got ideas? I know basically nothing about Arduino systems.

1/ Any limit swith can be connected to the SENSOR or to the SERVOS ports (if you are not using them). In the case of the CAMERA SLIDER we did not want to complicate everything with more cables running to the end of the rail so we discarded it use.

2/ The DEVIA board has protections again inverted current created by the motors. Do not worry. But this is a good comment, we will add a "back to original position button to the next Control APP version. Thanks for the feedback :-)