JJRobots COMMUNITY
CAMERA SLIDER rail version - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Motorized Camera SLIDER (/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: CAMERA SLIDER rail version (/showthread.php?tid=2275)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - Oki - 02-25-2020 11:34 PM

Thanks again! I can say that this one is super quiet and smooth. Printed parts need some post-processing in order to make it tight but i am really impressed anyway. I have made some small changes and i am adding the micro usb 9v rechargeable battery. Any progress with that requested Blynk App example? It would be very useful for the whole "open source" community, for your business and for me as well :DDD Anyway.. I love your board and i am going to build this slider for some of my friends as they really like it.

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - JJrobots JP - 02-26-2020 01:55 PM

We would love to get feedback from you, Oki. Would you mind leaving a comment here?: https://www.jjrobots.com/product/camera-slider-kit-2/#tab-reviews
It is quite difficult to get not biases feedback :-\

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - hami - 03-01-2020 07:56 PM

Hello, I'll transform the old version within the next few days into the rail version. I've printed all parts but I couldn't find two of them in your 3D model. What are they used for?

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - JJrobots JP - 03-02-2020 10:33 AM

(03-01-2020 07:56 PM)hami Wrote:  Hello, I'll transform the old version within the next few days into the rail version. I've printed all parts but I couldn't find two of them in your 3D model. What are they used for?

That is the Tripod support :-)

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - djordan1037 - 03-15-2020 08:52 PM

(01-26-2020 11:48 PM)Oki Wrote:  Hi,

Great idea!!! Looking forward Wink
Any ETA?

Hello?
Raspberry pie 4 can also be use

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - Charliebrm - 03-24-2020 12:01 AM

How smooth has the motion been compared to the round rod original? On my original I have yet to achieve a video result that didn't have noticeable jiggling.
I even removed the top rotating plate and put a camera screw directly up through the travelling base plate into the base of the camera, no base plate, no ball joint, and it still shows irregular waviness.
This is with a Vixia camcorder HR F50 that weighs only 285 grams.

I think I need to convert my slider to this X extrusion version 2. My guess is the round rods allow the whole thing to twist and it develops oscillations as the slider moves along. Like a rope foot bridge across a canyon.

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - JJrobots JP - 03-25-2020 11:28 AM

The new camera slider is way smoother than the old one. Mainly because the lateral force applied during the PAN movement has been drastically reduced using a thin profile.
Additionally, the TMC2208 stepper motor drivers works way better (and are quieter, almost silent) than the regular A4988. The TMC "creates" virtual steps (up to 256 instead of 16), making the movement constant not subject to small steps.

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - Charliebrm - 03-26-2020 08:25 AM

(03-25-2020 11:28 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  The new camera slider is way smoother than the old one. Mainly because the lateral force applied during the PAN movement has been drastically reduced using a thin profile.
Additionally, the TMC2208 stepper motor drivers works way better (and are quieter, almost silent) than the regular A4988. The TMC "creates" virtual steps (up to 256 instead of 16), making the movement constant not subject to small steps.

I did install the TMC2208 drivers earlier this year and that is like night and day. So inexpensive and easy to do as well. The odd thing is the little heat sinks mine came with are a wee bit higher so the enclosure lid does not close. Not a problem - I want to design a roomier enclosure anyway.

To clarify your comment "reduced using a thin profile" - by profile do you mean the v-slot extrusion instead of rods, or some other component/design change?

Thank you.

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - JJrobots JP - 03-26-2020 09:47 AM

(03-26-2020 08:25 AM)Charliebrm Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 11:28 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  The new camera slider is way smoother than the old one. Mainly because the lateral force applied during the PAN movement has been drastically reduced using a thin profile.

I did install the TMC2208 drivers earlier this year and that is like night and day. So inexpensive and easy to do as well. The odd thing is the little heat sinks mine came with are a wee bit higher so the enclosure lid does not close. Not a problem - I want to design a roomier enclosure anyway.

To clarify your comment "reduced using a thin profile" - by profile do you mean the v-slot extrusion instead of rods, or some other component/design change?

Thank you.
I meant the aluminium profile, the V-wheel bearing work better with the aluminium rail than the rods (and it is lighter)

RE: CAMERA SLIDER rail version - Stubby - 04-28-2020 05:10 PM

I ordered spare steppers and received the new TMC2208 drivers also. The specs look better on them with the new finer precision stepping action. I also received the tiniest micro-aluminum heatsinks with them; if the new drivers generate less heat, they might work OK. For me, I'm going to use the much-larger blue aluminum heatsinks that I already know work fine with the older drivers. They are readily available on both Amazon and eBay; I paid $7.45US for 10; cheaper if you order from China and are willing to wait longer.

(02-11-2020 01:45 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  You can check the BOM here

Note: this new BOM shows the new stepper drivers, but with the old blue aluminum heatsinks, not those much smaller ones you are actually shipping that I just received. Which ones are you going to standardize going forward on for the newer better stepper drivers? Thanks for clarifying.