JJRobots COMMUNITY
Servo not able to stand robot - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: B-Robot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Servo not able to stand robot (/showthread.php?tid=1878)

Servo not able to stand robot - rgray - 02-05-2019 04:16 PM

I recently bought two of the B robots. Had fun assembling and installing the code.
One has a weak servo, or something? It taps the ground and lifts the bot slightly but not enough to get it up-right.
The other one works normal and rights itself quickly.
Both have the arm straight up when driving.
Do I have a weak servo?
Has anybody else run into this problem?
Can I just plug into servo 2 socket to test?

RE: Servo not able to stand robot - JohnQ - 02-06-2019 10:01 PM

Hmmm. Does the arm shakes a little while driving? Is there any "pushing up force" difference when the B-robot is laying down on any particular side?
The servo, yes could be damaged (gears) Unlikely but possible! Contact jjRobots, they have a great customer service.

RE: Servo not able to stand robot - rgray - 02-07-2019 05:05 PM

(02-06-2019 10:01 PM)JohnQ Wrote:  Hmmm. Does the arm shakes a little while driving? Is there any "pushing up force" difference when the B-robot is laying down on any particular side?
The servo, yes could be damaged (gears) Unlikely but possible! Contact jjRobots, they have a great customer service.

No. Shakes when calibrating but runs around with arm straight up just like my other one after calibration.
Hits the ground and lifts a little when it falls (same each direction) But not enough to stand it up.

RE: Servo not able to stand robot - rgray - 02-12-2019 02:25 PM

I switched the servo from the working bot to this one and it now stands fine. Guess I got a bad servo.

RE: Servo not able to stand robot - JJrobots JP - 02-12-2019 05:57 PM

(02-12-2019 02:25 PM)rgray Wrote:  I switched the servo from the working bot to this one and it now stands fine. Guess I got a bad servo.

We will send you a replacement. Please confirm you purchase ID and email us with a delivery address ;-)