JJRobots COMMUNITY
Eraser problem - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: iBoardbot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Technical subforum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Eraser problem (/showthread.php?tid=1874)

Eraser problem - jcbigears - 02-01-2019 07:05 AM

Hi all.
I bought the kit as the "plug and play" version, and I cannot get the eraser to work properly. I've set the tension on the belts ok and can draw really nice pictures.
However, when I tell it to wipe the board, it only wipes the top and bottom of it - not the middle. I don't want to start moving the servo unless absolutely necessary.
It appears to begin correctly, but then after two strokes (one right and one left) the lifting servo elevates the eraser away form the board. As the eraser goes higher eventually it hits the board again and lifts the lifting arm away from the glass.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

RE: Eraser problem - JJrobots JP - 02-01-2019 01:04 PM

This could be the servo´s potentiometer. Could be damaged. But it is strange that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t.
Could you do this? Swap the servos connections (wiper<-> lifting) and with the motors disconnected (so the drawing header will not move at all), check if the lifting servos (working as the wiper servo) behaves as it should. I do not know if I am explaining myself correctly.
Just to check if we have a damaged servo or not

RE: Eraser problem - PDH - 02-03-2019 05:20 PM

Apologies if this isn't directly related, but I too am facing issues with the erase function. I completed the build this morning and everything was working fine. I had a power interruption part way through drawing the minions example and when I reinstated the power every time I select the clear board command the erase head movement in the X axis is restricted to just 20%of the screen. So the head moved back and forth but covers a small section of the board, the Y-Axis is working fine. The unit still draws perfectly, it's just the erase function that is failing. Any advice on what I can try to rectify this - other than manually wiping the glass, thanks, Paul

RE: Eraser problem - JJrobots JP - 02-04-2019 11:09 PM

(02-03-2019 05:20 PM)PDH Wrote:  Apologies if this isn't directly related, but I too am facing issues with the erase function. I completed the build this morning and everything was working fine. I had a power interruption part way through drawing the minions example and when I reinstated the power every time I select the clear board command the erase head movement in the X axis is restricted to just 20%of the screen. So the head moved back and forth but covers a small section of the board, the Y-Axis is working fine. The unit still draws perfectly, it's just the erase function that is failing. Any advice on what I can try to rectify this - other than manually wiping the glass, thanks, Paul
Could you just swap the servos connectors on the brain shield and see if the "working" servo works as the wiper should? I mean, just check if the servo got broken

RE: Eraser problem - PDH - 02-16-2019 12:29 PM

(02-04-2019 11:09 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(02-03-2019 05:20 PM)PDH Wrote:  Apologies if this isn't directly related, but I too am facing issues with the erase function. I completed the build this morning and everything was working fine. I had a power interruption part way through drawing the minions example and when I reinstated the power every time I select the clear board command the erase head movement in the X axis is restricted to just 20%of the screen. So the head moved back and forth but covers a small section of the board, the Y-Axis is working fine. The unit still draws perfectly, it's just the erase function that is failing. Any advice on what I can try to rectify this - other than manually wiping the glass, thanks, Paul
Could you just swap the servos connectors on the brain shield and see if the "working" servo works as the wiper should? I mean, just check if the servo got broken
Sorry for the late response, work kept getting in the way. I swapped the servo connectors - the clear panel behaviour was more or less the same. I can use the web app to draw a rectangle that takes the pen to all four corners of the display, this tracks accurately. It's when I click the clear board button the eraser judders back and forth only covering about 20% of the board. It's as though it's lost calibration.

RE: Eraser problem - jcbigears - 02-17-2019 09:17 PM

My problem was solved with the help of the very helpful people at jjrobots. The lifting arm was hitting against the left glass support and elevating the eraser off the glass. New part, all good.