JJRobots COMMUNITY
Motors not moving - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sphere-O-Bot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Motors not moving (/showthread.php?tid=1863)

Motors not moving - aperkins@gmail.com - 01-14-2019 12:39 AM

TX and RX lights light up when trying to move the motors via inkscape extension, have power supply connected and has 12v. Pen moves up and down no problem, Inkscape sees it fine. Any troubleshooting I can do? Voltages on connection points when at rest/activated or software troubleshooting, etc. would be helpful.

RE: Motors not moving - JJrobots JP - 01-14-2019 03:12 PM

(01-14-2019 12:39 AM)aperkins@gmail.com Wrote:  TX and RX lights light up when trying to move the motors via inkscape extension, have power supply connected and has 12v. Pen moves up and down no problem, Inkscape sees it fine. Any troubleshooting I can do? Voltages on connection points when at rest/activated or software troubleshooting, etc. would be helpful.

Check the stepper motor drivers. They are in charge of moving the motors. Are they properly oriented? Do the heatsinks touch the pin headers?

RE: Motors not moving - aperkins@gmail.com - 01-15-2019 01:48 AM

(01-14-2019 03:12 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 12:39 AM)aperkins@gmail.com Wrote:  TX and RX lights light up when trying to move the motors via inkscape extension, have power supply connected and has 12v. Pen moves up and down no problem, Inkscape sees it fine. Any troubleshooting I can do? Voltages on connection points when at rest/activated or software troubleshooting, etc. would be helpful.

Check the stepper motor drivers. They are in charge of moving the motors. Are they properly oriented? Do the heatsinks touch the pin headers?

Negative. Removed one heatsink to test: no movement. Reversed the stepper motor driver: no movement.

RE: Motors not moving - JJrobots JP - 01-20-2019 06:39 PM

Contact us at info@jjrobots.com
We can take a look at your electronics :-)

RE: Motors not moving - ikn369330 - 02-11-2019 07:27 PM

I have the exact same problem, Pen arm moves up and down no problem, my arduino Leonardo board tx and rx light upon when command to move motor is initiated, yet nothing happens

RE: Motors not moving - aperkins@gmail.com - 02-12-2019 12:54 AM

Solved it with a new set of those little driver boards. JJRobots has them at https://www.jjrobots.com/product/ardusplay-stepper-motor-driver-a4988/. Happily drawing on eggs before they go into the pan... Do need to sand down some of my frame, though - the pen arm bumps into the extreme left and right, but I'll wait til it's warmer in the garage.