JJRobots COMMUNITY
Camera settings - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Air- hockey Robot EVO (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Camera settings (/showthread.php?tid=1830)

Pages: 1 2

Camera settings - nagspohn - 11-15-2018 12:59 AM

Hi I can't get the vision system to reliably pick up the puck or the robot. The camera color balance drives the table to a yellowish color. If I go to the camera app, I can change settings and get a bright white table and saturated colors for the puck and robot. Is there a way to use the camera app settings in the robot app? Or is there a way to change settings other than ISO?
greg

RE: Camera settings - JJrobots JP - 11-22-2018 12:28 PM

Which Android version are you using? How many FPS can you achieve (check the value on the smartphone screen when the APP is running). Are you using the CALIBRATION OPTION of the control APP?
A tip: You can use different colors for the PUCK and Robot not just the ones of the foams provided. But remember to recalibrate the control APP if you are using another options

RE: Camera settings - nagspohn - 11-26-2018 06:27 PM

The Android version is 7.1.1. The video is running at 30 fps. I have tried manual calibration of the puck and robot. I have used different color pieces of paper to try and get as blue and green as I can from the camera's point of view, re-calibrating each time. I have tried different ISO settings in that calibration menu.
greg

RE: Camera settings - JJrobots JP - 11-27-2018 11:47 AM

This is strange. Which smartphone is it?
Try re-positioning the smartphone closer to the zenith in order to avoid light/objects reflections on the playing court.
Which color did you use for the 3D parts?
Can you use another smartphone just to discard any camera problem?

RE: Camera settings - nagspohn - 11-27-2018 09:30 PM

The primary device is Galaxy Tab A. The smartphone I used is a Moto Z running 8.0.0. There was no difference. I tried a bunch of different orientations and lighting conditions. The robot is blue. I've tried a few different shades of blue to get the image on the phone as blue as possible. Used a bigger target as well.

One thing I have found is blocking some of the image in front of the camera will cause the camera system to turn up the brightness and it looks like the system sees the two targets better. The +'s are in the right place and the app draws a trajectory line on the puck. If I do that though some of the "playable area" is blocked, so that doesn't really work as a solution.
thanks
greg

RE: Camera settings - JJrobots JP - 11-28-2018 11:08 AM

Could you upload some screencaptures of what the smartphone is "seeing" while it misbehave?

RE: Camera settings - nagspohn - 11-29-2018 12:58 AM

[attachment=367][attachment=368]

RE: Camera settings - JJrobots JP - 11-29-2018 12:40 PM

Hmm.... Keep the size the of both foam circles as indicated in the assembly guide. The control APP will use the size of the foam circle as an object to detect feature. From the second photo: It looks like the light is not enough for the smartphone camera. Check the illumination of the playing court on this photo: https://www.jjrobots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/fps.jpg

RE: Camera settings - nagspohn - 11-29-2018 03:19 PM

Hi
Thanks for the response. There are two 1000W halogen lights above the table about 2 feet. It's not realistic for me to put bigger lights in. They have very bright white light. If that's not enough, then this won't be feasible for me to do.
thanks
greg

RE: Camera settings - JJrobots JP - 11-30-2018 12:11 AM

(11-29-2018 03:19 PM)nagspohn Wrote:  Hi
Thanks for the response. There are two 1000W halogen lights above the table about 2 feet. It's not realistic for me to put bigger lights in. They have very bright white light. If that's not enough, then this won't be feasible for me to do.
thanks
greg
Those are more than enough. Actually, a lot. This is strange. Could you try with less illumination?
To be on the same page:
- The foam circles have the right diameter
- You have tried two different cameras /smartphones and they can reach 30fps
- You have change the tilt angle of the camera
- The camera is not detecting other features on the playing field than the circles (when they are detected)...