JJRobots COMMUNITY
Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: B-Robot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? (/showthread.php?tid=1495)

Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? - arielclemente - 01-01-2018 02:51 PM

I have just recently installed the arm and its servo. However, when I tested it, it kicked upward rather than downward so there's no way to stand the brobot up. It always kicked on the opposite when it lays down.

I watched the assembly tutorial video and I'm sure the orientation of my servo is correct. How can I correct this and make it kicked downward to stand the b-robot up.

RE: Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? - JJrobots JP - 01-02-2018 11:02 AM

The "kicking" orientation of the servo is dictated by the angle value sent by the IMU. It looks like your IMU has been placed rotated 180º. Could you send a photo of your setup (brain shield + cables + servo location)?
Or... maybe the servo has been placed on the "other" side? (I had to ask! :-P)

RE: Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? - arielclemente - 01-03-2018 09:44 AM

(01-02-2018 11:02 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  The "kicking" orientation of the servo is dictated by the angle value sent by the IMU. It looks like your IMU has been placed rotated 180º. Could you send a photo of your setup (brain shield + cables + servo location)?
Or... maybe the servo has been placed on the "other" side? (I had to ask! :-P)

Thanks Admin for replying. Yeah, you are right. I had placed the servo on the other side, I thought there'll be no difference whichever side I put the servo. I had never actually took too much attention on the video tutorial. My board is a DIY one, using Arduino Pro Micro, ESP-07 and MPU6050. I tried reversing my circuit board and re-oriented my stepper motors headers and it worked.

RE: Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it? - JJrobots JP - 01-03-2018 06:37 PM

Good! enjoy your robot!