JJRobots COMMUNITY
Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) - Printable Version

+- JJRobots COMMUNITY (http://forums.jjrobots.com)
+-- Forum: JJrobots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: B-Robot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) (/showthread.php?tid=1270)

Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) - jpmel7 - 06-17-2017 04:30 PM

Hi,

When I put the B_ROBOT_WIFI_CONFIG.ino to Leonardo and connect the wemos D1 mini (RX, TX), Access Point doesn't init.

In Serial Monitor i don't see config parameters (IP, SSID, ...)
I only see basic Prints :

Factory Reset...
Wifi configuration...

CONFIG:

END!!
The module should be ready to use!

ECHO MODE (to test)

Can someone helps me please ? thx.

RE: Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) - PaoloP - 06-19-2017 09:02 AM

If you see the JJrobot network from your smartphone, try connecting whit the password "123456".
If you're successful, upload the sketch of the B-robot, connect the servo to Leonardo, open the OSC (JJROBOT) on the smartphone, connected to wifi, and try to command the servo from the application.

RE: Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) - jpmel7 - 06-19-2017 10:55 AM

Hi PaoloP, thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, can't see the "JJROBOT" SSID.
It seems that the programming of the ESP by Leonardo is not done.

here is the connections :

Leonardo (12v) <=> Wemos D1 mini (regulated 5v)
RX <=============> TX
TX <=============> RX
GND for both.

If I take an other Wemos, upload exemple Wifi AP Sketch from Arduino IDE, connect Wemos to Leonardo and upload B_ROBOT_WIFI_CONFIG.ino to Leonardo, Wemos not updates to "JJROBOT" SSID, it keeps "ESPAP" SSID from wifi exemple sketch.

have you got an idea ?

Thanks.

RE: Problem with Wifi_Config and Wemos D1 mini (ESP8266) - microdwl - 01-16-2018 08:04 PM

You cannot use a Wemos ESP8266 board. It is ment to be used with the Arduino IDE.
You have to use a "vergin" ESP8266, which contains the standard AT command firmware.
The Arduino Leonardo, loaded with the BROBOT_EVO2.ino file takes care of programming the ESP8266, which remains in the normal running mode.