JJRobots COMMUNITY

Full Version: Pybot arm Python aap on Mac OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am very interested in your pybot arm.
Is it possible to run python app from an imac under Mac OS Mojave.
I tried to launch the application under python IDE but it lacks libraries like armbot, images like SCARA icons.png and a specific environment of library (CV2, numpy, PIL ....). Do you have an Python installation procedure or prerequisite for this program?
Why Python 2.7 ? Is it possible for me to translate in Python 3.8 ?
Best Regards
Hi Michel
Yes, It is possible. It is just a matter of installing the right libraries. We will post the libraries list ASAP
We are used to Python 2.7 and many of the libraries used are "stable" under that version but we will publish the APP code in 3.8. The conversion is straightforward.
Thank you for your reply
I started to compile the application under Python3.8
In spite of some problems of IMPORT everything seems OK except import cv2 that I commented for the moment, the compile is ok.Il is already included in numpy but do I have to install the library opencv?
run shows the main window!
But I miss the contents of the directories ICONS and IMAGES.
Is it possible to send them to me?
(11-26-2019 01:55 PM)Michel Vène Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply
I started to compile the application under Python3.8
In spite of some problems of IMPORT everything seems OK except import cv2 that I commented for the moment, the compile is ok.Il is already included in numpy but do I have to install the library opencv?
run shows the main window!
But I miss the contents of the directories ICONS and IMAGES.
Is it possible to send them to me?

Hi, We have just uploaded the latest Python code (v27). (The v26 was for internal use and was not posted).

Changes:
*NEW: CAMERA orto calibration (from calibration MENU)
*Minor bugs fixed
*All the images and icons included in their folders

https://www.jjrobots.com/pybot-control-a...uino-code/
Hi
I finish assembling the armbot.
Just a little problem
Where should I mount the LiDAR?
Best regards
(01-02-2020 09:28 PM)Michel Vène Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I finish assembling the armbot.
Just a little problem
Where should I mount the LiDAR?
Best regards

With the clam opened, place the LIDAR module, using 2xM3 bolts, in the middle of the BASE part. You will find 2 holes for the bolts. The headers will be pointing to the external side of the clamp. Run the i2c cable to the devia board as indicated in the connection diagram but do not pass it between the motors!: The EM noise might induce noise into the i2c bus. Connect the cable to the i2c headers of the DEVIA Board.

TIP: Let the cable loose (move the arm to all the possible positions and check it is not tight)

[Image: pyBot-Robotic-Arm-LIDAR-sensor-connection.png]
Hi
I have a problem with the direction of movement with my robot.
With the application SCARA CONTROL V27 and the different programs that I wrote the directions of placement of the X axis is reversed (the negative values of X in SCARA CONTROL cause a displacement to the right and vice versa)
Other problem my zero of the Z axis must be located at the top of the threaded rod the low point being about 100mm
and a moveZ (80) goes down the axis 80mm down
Where should zero be when the robot starts?
The Y is OK
My motor wiring seems to comply with the instructions (blue wire on the left, circuit seen from the power connector)
Where is my mistake?
I take this opportunity to add a question
In:
   def moveXYZ (self, x = 0, y = 150, z = 10, ch4 = NODATA, ch5 = NODATA, elbow = 0, t = 0, sync = True, verbose = False):
  What is the meaning of the parameters t = 0 sync = TRUE?
Greetings
Hi
Sorry, I hadn't seen the question and the answer to Stephan Scott.
I reversed the 3 connectors and everything is going in the right direction.
There remains just the question on the t and sync parameters of moveXYZ.
Best regards
Reference URL's