JJRobots COMMUNITY

Full Version: Motors/Propellers reversed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I flashed the code from Github and attached the motors and propellers exactly as in the instructions (yes, I double-checked clockwise vs. counter-clockwiseSmile but all 3 motors run in the wrong direction. I also confirmed this using the tests in the Arduino serial console (eg. setting left motor to forward causes it to run such that the blimp would fly blackwards).
Now, I changed the motor direction in the code, from:
#define m0_rev 1
#define m1_rev 0
#define m2_rev 1

to:
#define m0_rev 0
#define m1_rev 1
#define m2_rev 0

and everything is working now as expected. However, since the propellers have different amounts of thrust depending on direction the blimp now has a lot more power when flying backwards then when going forwards, which is annoying...

Is this a known issue, or are maybe just the instructions wrong with regard to the propeller directions?

Best
Michael
(05-23-2019 02:20 PM)michaelp Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

I flashed the code from Github and attached the motors and propellers exactly as in the instructions (yes, I double-checked clockwise vs. counter-clockwiseSmile but all 3 motors run in the wrong direction. I also confirmed this using the tests in the Arduino serial console (eg. setting left motor to forward causes it to run such that the blimp would fly blackwards).
Now, I changed the motor direction in the code, from:
#define m0_rev 1
#define m1_rev 0
#define m2_rev 1

to:
#define m0_rev 0
#define m1_rev 1
#define m2_rev 0

and everything is working now as expected. However, since the propellers have different amounts of thrust depending on direction the blimp now has a lot more power when flying backwards then when going forwards, which is annoying...

Is this a known issue, or are maybe just the instructions wrong with regard to the propeller directions?

Best
Michael
Hi Michael. This is extremely rare. Could you please upload a photo of your set up? A possible explanation: the wires of the motors are swapped? (so they spin in the opposite direction)
Thanks for your response! I attached two photos to this post.
Any idea?
(06-04-2019 08:03 PM)michaelp Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea?

If I were you I would start from the beginning. I had the same problem and it was caused by a mistake in my side.
Your motors are the right ones (looking at the cables colors), the are plugged correctly but I can not appreciate the propellers you are using.

Try uploading the code again to the control board. There is no way (or extremely unlikely) you got both motors spinning in the wrong direction due to a wrong manufacturing Undecided

Go back to this:
#define m0_rev 1
#define m1_rev 0
#define m2_rev 1

And check the propellers.
John
Reference URL's