JJRobots COMMUNITY

Full Version: X and Y Motors Inactive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just assembled my new iBoardbot and the 2 servos are working but no movement at all from the 2 motors. I have checked my wiring a dozen times. When I first connected to WiFi it showed JJRobots_AE and I programmed the Arduino board and it now shows JJRobots_IBB and when I send a command I hear the lift servo working as if it is printing normally but no sounds from either x or y motors.
(02-26-2019 05:33 PM)KingZ Wrote: [ -> ]I just assembled my new iBoardbot and the 2 servos are working but no movement at all from the 2 motors. I have checked my wiring a dozen times. When I first connected to WiFi it showed JJRobots_AE and I programmed the Arduino board and it now shows JJRobots_IBB and when I send a command I hear the lift servo working as if it is printing normally but no sounds from either x or y motors.

I would say the stepper motors drivers are placed wrongly or they are faulty. Otherwise everything should work. If the iboardbot can move the servo that means the Brain shield and Leonardo should be fine. Maybe the stepper motor drivers headers are damaged?
(02-26-2019 11:41 PM)JohnQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2019 05:33 PM)KingZ Wrote: [ -> ]I just assembled my new iBoardbot and the 2 servos are working but no movement at all from the 2 motors. I have checked my wiring a dozen times. When I first connected to WiFi it showed JJRobots_AE and I programmed the Arduino board and it now shows JJRobots_IBB and when I send a command I hear the lift servo working as if it is printing normally but no sounds from either x or y motors.

I would say the stepper motors drivers are placed wrongly or they are faulty. Otherwise everything should work. If the iboardbot can move the servo that means the Brain shield and Leonardo should be fine. Maybe the stepper motor drivers headers are damaged?

It is working fine now. It was completely my fault. I had plugged the micro usb to my PC and the power adapter to my battery backup. When I saw a red light go on on the power adapter I thought for sure it was getting power but apparently the backup battery was turned off and even though the red light was on it was not getting any power.
Reference URL's