JJRobots COMMUNITY

Full Version: ImportError: No module named eggbot_scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Initially Inkscape couldn't talk to the eggbot at all - so I followed the steps in this thread http://forums.jjrobots.com/thread-1199.html and replaced the eggbot.py file (step 3). Now I'm getting the error in Inkscape:

"No module named eggbot-scan"

The full message is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eggbot.py", line 34, in <module>
import eggbot_scan
ImportError: No module named eggbot_scan

This is my first time with arduino, so I tested the upload using the Arduino IDE and Serial Monitor (step 8) and the stepper motor did move, so I don't think I've got a USB cable or port issue.

I'm running Inkscape 0.91 with the EggBot 2.7.1_Mac extensions, Arduino 1.8.5 and uploaded the Ejjduino_ARDUINO

I just reinstalled the EggBot mac extensions (which backgraded the eggbot.py file) and I'm back to the Error "Failed to connect to EggBot. Sad"

So I've upgraded the eggbot.py file again and I'm back to "No module named eggbot_scan" when I try to run any of the Eggbot Controls in Inkscape. I've looked in the folder at path /Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions and indeed there is no module called eggbot_scan in there. Where can I get the missing module?

thanks, Becci
Reference URL's