JJRobots COMMUNITY

Full Version: Text gradually meanders upwards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So I got the new stepper driver (thanks, JJROBOTS!) and it's pretty good. However, one thing is that the text keeps getting gradually higher. So for instance in the word HELLO the E is a little higher than the H, the L is a little higher than the E, and so on. If I try to write more than 15-20 characters it hits the top of the screen.

Any suggestions?
(07-11-2016 10:20 PM)bill@kattaekwondo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

So I got the new stepper driver (thanks, JJROBOTS!) and it's pretty good. However, one thing is that the text keeps getting gradually higher. So for instance in the word HELLO the E is a little higher than the H, the L is a little higher than the E, and so on. If I try to write more than 15-20 characters it hits the top of the screen.

Any suggestions?

I know what the problem is: friction. The Y axis has friction (between the drawing header and the aluminium tubes). Remove the belt and force manually the vertical movement up and down of the drawing header until you feel the friction is gone, then set the belt again. If it does not work: adjust the vertical axis stepper motor voltage (the small screw on the top of the driver) a little to increase the motor power.

Hope it helps
Reference URL's